As the first airport in the world, Skellefteå Airport has now installed several disinfection systems to increase safety, reduce the spread of infection and ensure the safety of passengers.
– This is an investment in sustainable travel during the ongoing pandemic, but just as much for the future. It is not only during times of crisis that we need to work with reduced spread of infection. That we now have the new solution already set is very positive, says Robert Lindgren, CEO and airport manager.
The disinfection units have been installed in many places, for example by the security checkpoint. In normal cases, many people will touch the plastic boxes and it can turn into a terrible spreader. With the new solution, all boxes are cleaned automatically after each use. The decontamination systems are installed in several places at the airport many people gather and the new products have been developed especially to suit airports.
– It is based on safe and well-tested technology where we use UV light to disinfect contact surfaces and air without chemicals, says Erik Wikström, co-founder of Whitebox, the company that delivers decontamination systems.
– The new product and the withholding technology has been tested at Norrland University Hospital in Umeå, Sweden. The technology has been tested on Covid -19 and the underlying virus of the pandemic SARS COV-2 The results are assured in a laboratory environment and show that the technology used by Whitebox products kills these viruses with 100 percent certainty, says Joakim Wincent, co-founder of Whitebox.
For Skellefteå Airport, it is important to constantly improve secure travel in every way possible. To be able to team up with be a local company like Whitebox feels extra good, says Robert Lindberg, CEO of Skellefteå Airport:
– Being able to participate in developing the products with an innovative technology company like Whitebox in order to solve one of our biggest societal challenges of all time makes us proud says Robert Lindberg, CEO of Skellefteå Airport. That we managed to be the first airport in the world to do this is great. Now, we would like to assist with knowledge and experience – we are happy to advise other airports on how they can improve secure travel too, Robert Lindberg continues.
The disinfection units are flexible solutions designed to fit the airport’s environment and public spaces. A unit has been installed in the baggage area which decontaminates the suitcases before they come out on the conveyor belt.
– Independent tests show that UV light is not harmful to luggage, so you do not have to worry about anything being damaged by the treatment, says Joakim Wincent, co-founder of Whitebox.
Did you receive any interest from other airports?
– Many airports have shown their interest in these products and we are happy to help with our experience, says Robert Lindberg, CEO of Skellefteå Airport.
See more: https://bit.ly/39dnKLn
For more information, please contact:
Joakim Wincent, co-founder of Whitebox
phone +46 (0)70 – 610 94 80.
Erik Wikström, founder of Whitebox phone +46 (0)70 – 274 62 24
Robert Lindberg, CEO and airport Manager, Skellefteå Airport